Aunt Bessie's Pumpkin Bread...Remixed
This is my great Aunt Bessie's pumpkin bread recipe that I remixed with a few healthier tweaks. Best of all, it takes like the pumpkin bread that Bessie would bake and give away to family and friends without all the fat & sugar. I remember how the foil was meticulously wrapped around each loaf.
Serving: 1/10 of a loaf , makes 4 medium loaves
3 Cups Canned Pumpkin Puree
1 cup applesauce
½ cup canola oil
1 cup Truvia Baking Blend
2 cups sugar
1 cups egg substitute
2 T ground flax seed and 1/3 cup water
2 cups whole wheat flour pastry flour
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ½ teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray three 9 X 5-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, oil, applesauce, sugar, egg substitute, flax seed and water.
3. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.
Bake in muffin tins for even better portion control.
All the egg could be replaced with a vegan egg replacer to make it vegan